Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Favorite Goggles

Thanks to Nina Schneider for turning me on to the Speedo Sprint goggles last winter.  All the previous goggles I tried would work well for about 3 swims & then the right eye would leak forever after.  I would have to do my entire workout with my right eye closed....very annoying!  In an attempt to get them not to leak I would tighten them so tight that I would have some really hideous goggle eyes for several hours.  Not a big deal for swims in the evening but after Sunday morning swims I would get some odd looks while doing my grocery shopping.

The Speedo Sprints are nothing spectacular but they do what all the others couldn't.....keep the water out & minimize the goggle eyes.  They do fog up but that can be prevented with a little baby shampoo or old fashioned spit!  Some reviewers say they don't last as long as they used to but I personally don't care if I have to replace them every 6 months.  As long as they keep the water out for the entire time I am happy.  In fact, the gasket material pulled away on my clear pair after about 5 months of usage & I still wore them for the Atlanta Iron Girl with no water leakage.  After Iron Girl I switched to my smoke pair since I swam outdoors all summer.  Now that I am swimming inside again I switched back to the clear pair with the gasket pulled away.  Still no water leakage!   

So, if you are having issues with your current goggles consider giving these a try. 

***The opinions are my own....I was not compensated by Speedo or Nina Schneider...although she did give me the pair to try out I eventually bought her a new pair in return.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...