Check out Christie's Blog & show her some love. Christie is will be running the Bit Hit 1/2 Marathon in Louisville this Sunday. Her FIRST half!!! Send her some good running juju!
There are a few basic RULES with this award:
You have to thank the giver and provide a link to that persons postShare 7 random facts about yourself
Award 15 other newly discovered blogs the same award
- I have 1 kidney. In 2001, I worked for a contract design company & one of our projects was the Kidney Transporter. After finishing the design but before it went to clinical trials I was diagnosed with a defective left kidney. This is a real sore spot for me. All through my 20's it was misdiagnosed as back pain due to my scoliosis. As it turned out I had been having kidney infections all those years. After a few more tests it was determined that my kidney was functioning at about 15% but due to all the infections we decided to take it out. NO MORE BACK PAIN!
- My dog Karma has 1 kidney too. About 3 months after my surgery in 2001 the medical device that I worked on went to clinical trials at University of Wisconsin. I had to go for engineering support & when I showed up I saw that the trials were on beagles. Full disclosure, I knew that the clinical trials would be done on animals, dogs in particular. Being an animal lover, I chose to block that all out of my mind. I had to. Otherwise, I would have been a weeping mess for the entire project. After that afternoon at UW I told the vet that I would be interested in adopting one of the dogs. It just seemed like the right thing to do. In March of 2003 I brought home Karma. She has one kidney and the one that is in her has been run on an external machine for 72 hours & transplanted back in. The other kidney was removed to see if she would survive and she has. She was 1 year old when she had the surgery. In March she will be 11 years old. She has been the best little buddy ever!
- In grade school I had the biggest buck tooth & wore some serious coke bottle glasses. I was made fun of a lot. Although it did give me some thick skin as an adult. How else could I work with mostly men for my entire career?
- I rarely cry. Seriously, I recently (like last week) had a melt down in front of my husband but the time before that? I think it was in 2008. I have been dubbed black heart, cold heart, etc, etc. I will occasionally tear up at random things, like a wedding, a memory of my Dad or the like but a good old fashion bawl fest? Not so much.
- I got my tattoo in Christchurch, New Zealand on the Queens Birthday, 1998. It is the Yin Yang symbol with 2 dolphins swimming around it. I chose it as a constant reminder me to strive for balance in my life, have fun & to be compassionate. I have never regretted it although I have hidden it from people that I thought would disapprove.
- My first car was a 1967 Baracuda. My Dad brought it home from the junk yard in 1976, I think, & completely rebuilt it. In 1986, he gave it to me when I turned 16 but not before he swapped the engine out to a Slant 6, 225. Boy, did we have some fun in that car!
- From 1980 - 1985 I was a HUGE Loverboy fan. I had forgotten about them until I heard one of their songs on the radio tonight. Imagine my surprise when I did a Google search & found that they are still together & touring! They even have a facebook page!?! I mean really, how can you not like a band that has this for their album cover?
Now on to the 15 blogger tags.
LexRunLadies - This is the new ladies running group in Lexington. A lot of these folks I am just starting to follow myself & look forward to getting to know them all better.
Make Me A Day
A Wondering Spirit
Inhabit The Beauty
My McDonald Meal
Questions for Dessert
Tri Ladies that I love to follow
Average Moms Wear Capes
Miles, Muscles and Mommyhood
Steve in a Speedo?! Gross!
Dangle the Carrot
Team Aquaphor Peeps
Living the Tri Life
Double Jogger Diaries
SBR All Day