Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Stats / March Goals

Leap year February ended with Thunderstorms & Tornado warnings all day long.  Maybe the Mayans were right - the end of the world is near.  I guess I should just scrap the training plan, cash out my 401k & go travel the world. 

Ah, so fun to dream.

Ugh, back to reality.

February Stats:
  • Pilates Reformer (Goal / Actual) = 5 / 5
  • Pilates Ball  (Goal / Actual) = 3 / 4
  • Swim (Goal / Actual) = 18 / 15 miles - 18 hours spent in the pool.  Over 50% of the time spent working on drills
  • Yoga (Goal / Actual) = 4 / 4
  • P90X (Goal / Actual) = 8 / 4 - Just can't motivate myself to do home video workouts.  Although I did do 2 new ones for N2U CT Challenge 
  • Spin (Goal / Actual) = 0 / 2  (32 miles) - BONUS
  • Run (Goal / Actual) = 0 / 3 (6.3 miles) - BIG TIME BONUS - Completed Week 1 of Couch to 5K
Total Miles = 54
Total Time = 38 Hours

February 2012 Nike Go the Distance Total / Annual Goal = 27 miles / 200 miles

I am super happy with how February shaped up!

Injury status - Big time improved.  Still not 100% but I have been able to add spin & run/walk.  I have completed 9 ART sessions.  I have also done 4 acupuncture sessions this month which in combination with the ART I feel has really helped.  It is improving slower than I had hoped but it is still a huge improvement from last month.

Favorite Gear - Finis Tempo Trainer - This is the new gadget I picked up at the swim clinic.  I plan to use it for most of my swim & run workouts to help with stroke rate & running cadence.

Weight - This month I lost 8 of the 8 pounds I gained post injury.   yay!

March Exercise Goals
  • Swim - 12 miles - Still heavy drill focus
  • Pilates Reformer - 4
  • Pilates Ball - 4
  • Yoga - 3
  • Spin - 4 - This will be thrown out if it seems to aggravate the injury
  • Run (C25K) - 10 - This will be thrown out if it seems to aggravate the injury
  • P90X - 2 - lowering the expectation this month 
  • BarreAmped - 3 - This will be the March N2U CT Challenge
March plans for addressing the injury

ART - 1 visit per week
Acupuncture - 1 or 2 sessions this month
Foam Roller & Tenz unit.

Fingers crossed that this will be enough because April 8th starts the 6 week Atlanta Irongirl Tri training block. 

2 comments:

  1. GREAT job this month!!! I'm so glad your injury is getting better and you really kicked butt with your goals! and the weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had quite a great month! Congrats on the loss and I'm so glad to hear that your injury is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...