Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weekend Rewind

With the days getting longer I haven't been blogging so much.  I think my posts will turn more random since they will be fewer & farer between until DST ends.

I have made a few changes to the blog layout this weekend.   I think it looks a little cleaner & reads easier.  Whad'ya think?  The new main picture was taken today during my first road ride of the season.

This morning I did Week 5 Day 2 of the Couch to 5K program (C25K).   Previously I had never done the C25K program but I am really digging it for my return to running after my piriformis injury.  I am using the C25K app on my iPod touch.   It gradually takes you from non-running to running 30 minutes in 8 weeks.  For me, it also is keeping me from doing too much too soon.  So far so good.  The past 2 runs have been pain free.  Yay!

Today was also Day 1 of the 6 week training block for the Atlanta Iron Girl.  After doing the run this morning I met Nina to ride the Markey Race for Women's Cancer bike course this afternoon.  It was a nice easy ride for my first ride on the road this season.  We took a quick bike tour of the horse park at the end along with an easy walk on the Legacy Trail.
Horsies on Mt. Horeb
Have you ever wondered what 'fun' smells like?  No?  Me either before today.  As I was putting on sunscreen before the ride I told Steve how much I love the smell of sunscreen. About the only time I ever apply the Coppertone is when I am about to do something fun.  Go to the beach, go ride, hiking, kayaking, etc.  It just smells 'fun'.  It reminds me of being on vacation & carefree.

Yesterday Steve & I went to our first UK Baseball game thanks to a buddy at work for the tickets.  It was a perfect day for a game.  Unfortunately, they lost to Ole Miss.  They lost big.  Such a bummer since they were the #1 ranked team in the nation.  Regardless, it was fun.  


Oh & the other thing that kicked off this weekend?  Funky tan line season.  Bike shorts, cycling jerseys, helmets & gloves.  Bring on the funky tan!

Happy training y'all!

4 comments:

  1. i love the new pic and am jealous of all the "KY-ness" of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new header, but I did like the other swimming one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kim. I like the new header but I liked the other one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this new pic of you with the horses!! Last night I was out for a ride and they were running alongside of me on the fence line! Coolest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...