Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Stats / July Goals

June FLEW by!!  Like most of the country, Lexington is experiencing some crazy hot temperatures.   The only outdoor activity that is enjoyable to me is swimming.  Although if these crazy hot temperatures keep up the pools will be too darn hot as well.  


Cave Run Lake - Me, Coy, Courtney

June Stats:
  • Swim (Goal/Actual) - 12 miles / 12 miles  11 pool swims + 1 OWS - all but 2 swims were at the outdoor pools.
  • Spin / Road (Goal/Actual) - 8 / 5  (89 miles)
  • Run (Goal/Actual) - 12 / 9 (27 miles)
  • Pilates Reformer(Goal/Actual) - 4 / 4
  • Yoga (Goal/Actual) - 4 / 1
  • June N2U CT Challenge - Jump & Pump
  • Races (Goal/Actual) - 1 / 1 - Markey Race for Women's Cancer
  • Rest Days - 4
Total Miles = 122
Total Time = 28 hours

2012 Nike Go the Distance Challenge (Goal / Actual) - 200 miles / 70 miles

I received my award for hitting the first distance milestone - 50 Miles.



I finally managed to hit my monthly swim goal but most other goals fell off a bit in June.  I am having a really hard time getting on my bike 2x a week.  I think part of that is my worry about getting re-injured.   I also had a couple high stress work weeks in June which when that happens I tend to drop some of my evening workouts.  That is why yoga took such a big hit last month.  


Speaking of injury, my butt is doing great but now my right knee is giving me some grief.  I looked up the symptoms in my trusty Runners Doc Guide & it looks like Runner's Knee.  What killed me was one of the causes listed in the book is having a bike seat too low.  $hit!  I had the seat dropped because it was killing my butt.  Although my knee started hurting the day after I did the Jump & Pump class so I think that was the cause & not my seat height.   Hopefully a couple of rest days will fix it up.  



Starting July 2nd I am starting a new position at work.  I will be stepping into a manager role for the first time ever.  I have been in product development for the past 9 years & this new role is in current products.  Basically, we will be working with manufacturing issues, customers issues, cost issues - see a theme?  I am excited about this new role for the growth opportunity but know it will be really crazy for the next few months which is why I am dialing down my July goals a bit.


Here are my July workout goals:
  • Swim - 10 miles
  • Spin / Road - 4 (60 miles)
  • Run - 8 (24 miles)
  • Pilates Reformer - 4
  • Yoga - 4
  • July N2U CT Challenge - TRX
  • Rest Days - 4-6
I have no races planned for July.  I am contemplating a 5K this month but if the weather stays crazy hot I will bag that idea.  


I should receive my next shipment of Clif bars at the end of July which is good since I am completely out! 


Stay cool y'all!

2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great month! i hope you like TRX, i've never taken a full class but i really love the set we have at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a girl at masters that has that same swim cap!! I wanna get one too! How can I??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...