- Swim (Goal/Actual) - 10 miles / 7 miles
- Spin / Road (Goal/Actual) - 4 / 6 (89 miles)
- Run (Goal/Actual) - 8 / 11 (26 miles)
- Pilates Reformer(Goal/Actual) - 4 / 3
- Yoga (Goal/Actual) - 4 / 4
- July N2U CT Challenge - Laurel Lake Paddlepalooza - 18 miles of paddling
- Races (Goal/Actual) - 0 / 0
- Rest Days (Goal/Actual) - 4 / 7
Total Miles = 140
Total Time = 30.5 hours
2012 Nike Go the Distance Challenge (Goal / Actual) - 200 miles / 77 miles
Injury - My knee is still giving me a little grief. Nothing terrible but just enough to know it isn't 100% happy with me right now. I am still having troubles on the bike. When I ride hard things hurt and not just the usual discomfort that you feel when you are working hard. The type of pain I feel is my right knee, right groin & right piriformis. All the issues I had at the end of last summer. If I back off & ride easy I have no issue. Very frustrating to say the least. I am going to look into yet another bike fit. In the meantime I will keep to cycling easy 1x week.
Here are my August goals:
- Swim - 10 miles
- Spin / Road - 4 (60 miles)
- Run - 12 (28 miles)
- Pilates Reformer - 4
- Yoga - 4
- August N2U CT Challenge - TBD
- Races - 1 for sure maybe 2 plus 1 virtual run
- Rest Days - 4-6
I am registered for the Tom Sawyer Tri in Louisville on the 4th. I last did this race in 2010. It is an 800 m swim, 14 mile ride, 5K run. I believe it was my first race on Jake. In 2010 I finished just under 2 hours. I am curious to see if I can finish in the same time or not.
It is not too late to register for the Run with All Your Hart either as a virtual runner or for the race itself in Russell Springs on August 11th. There is a group of us running at the Arboretum that morning at 9:30AM. All are welcome!
At the end of the month there is an adventure race in Versailles that Steve & I will do if we are in town. It is a 3 hour mountain bike, run & canoe orienteering race. You have to sign up as a team. It should prove interesting to say the least.
Happy August y'all!