Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Stats / August Goals

July found me unmotivated.  Not sure if it is the heat or what but I feel like I have been slugging through my workouts.  I love the longer days but I am not a fan of working out in the heat.  It takes a lot out of me & this year is no different.

July Stats:
  • Swim (Goal/Actual) - 10 miles / 7 miles  
  • Spin / Road (Goal/Actual) - 4 / 6  (89 miles)
  • Run (Goal/Actual) - 8 / 11 (26 miles)
  • Pilates Reformer(Goal/Actual) - 4 / 3
  • Yoga (Goal/Actual) - 4 / 4
  • July N2U CT Challenge - Laurel Lake Paddlepalooza - 18 miles of paddling
  • Races (Goal/Actual) - 0 / 0
  • Rest Days (Goal/Actual) - 4 / 7
Total Miles = 140
Total Time = 30.5 hours

2012 Nike Go the Distance Challenge (Goal / Actual) - 200 miles / 77 miles

Injury - My knee is still giving me a little grief.  Nothing terrible but just enough to know it isn't 100% happy with me right now.  I am still having troubles on the bike.  When I ride hard things hurt and not just the usual discomfort that you feel when you are working hard.  The type of pain I feel is my right knee, right groin & right piriformis.  All the issues I had at the end of last summer.  If I back off & ride easy I have no issue.  Very frustrating to say the least.  I am going to look into yet another bike fit.  In the meantime I will keep to cycling easy 1x week.  

Here are my August goals:
  • Swim - 10 miles
  • Spin / Road - 4 (60 miles)
  • Run - 12 (28 miles)
  • Pilates Reformer - 4
  • Yoga - 4
  • August N2U CT Challenge - TBD
  • Races - 1 for sure maybe 2 plus 1 virtual run
  • Rest Days - 4-6
I am registered for the Tom Sawyer Tri in Louisville on the 4th.  I last did this race in 2010.  It is an 800 m swim, 14 mile ride, 5K run.  I believe it was my first race on Jake.  In 2010 I finished just under 2 hours.  I am curious to see if I can finish in the same time or not. 

It is not too late to register for the Run with All Your Hart either as a virtual runner or for the race itself in Russell Springs on August 11th.  There is a group of us running at the Arboretum that morning at 9:30AM.  All are welcome!

At the end of the month there is an adventure race in Versailles that Steve & I will do if we are in town.  It is a 3 hour mountain bike, run & canoe orienteering race.  You have to sign up as a team.  It should prove interesting to say the least.

Happy August y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...