Monday, February 27, 2012

February N2U CT Challenge - P90X



Kim over at (Just) Trying is for Little Girls is the host of the '2012 New to You' Cross Training Challenge.  This is the second of 12 New to Me Cross Training Challenge posts. 


This month Steve & did 2 new P90X videos.  Core Synergistics & X Stretch.  The X Stretch is an hour of yoga poses & gentle stretches both are something I need to do more of.  


The Core Synergistics is a great all over workout.  There were over 20 exercises on this video.  At times it had us rolling around on the floor doing the Banana Roll & then later jumping over an imaginary towel.   This video hits all the muscle groups.  Actually, it is probably a good one to do on a weekly basis on your cross training days.


All the P90X videos are tough & so far I am always sore the next day.  If you can get past goofy Tony it is a great workout especially if you like doing videos at home.   There are still 3 or 4 P90X videos left for me to try.  So many workouts, so little time!


For me personally, I like doing group exercise at the gym.  Our house isn't quite big enough for both Steve & I to do these videos.   Although I do like doing workouts with Steve.    We don't do too many together these days.  

3 comments:

  1. Core Syn and XStretch are two of my favs. I have XStretch almost memorized, and will often do it with the sound off on the computer, while watching a TV show. Core is way tougher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the P90X videos. i'm not much for at home workouts. I always find other things that I need to do and get side tracked!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how sore I would be after the P90X videos! I want to do them so bad but I'm afraid they would make me so sore that I wouldn't be able to train for a week. It's possible that I'm just a complete pansy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...