|Me & Paula at BTC Picnic|
Next weekend, June 9th & 10th, Paula & 4 other athletes will be taking on the 27 hour challenge in the second annual Tri 4 Freedom.
Why 27 hours? To help promote awareness of the 27 million people worldwide that are victims of human trafficking.
What is human trafficking? Human trafficking is the illegal trade in human beings for the purposes of commercial sexual exploitation or forced labor: a modern-day form of slavery.
Where does it happen? Everywhere, including your hometown or somewhere very close by.
Don't believe me? Here is a link to an article from last month about the first conviction in my town, Lexington, KY - First Conviction in Kentucky
This is a dark subject no doubt. No one wants to believe this nastiness exists so close to home but it does. Most of us turn a blind eye because we have no idea what to do to help. Paula didn't - instead she founded Tri 4 Freedom to help bring awareness to these horrible acts happening in our backyard.
Do you want to help but not sure what to do? Keep reading.
Are you in Lexington, KY or nearby area?
- Join me & several others at Spindletop on Sunday, June 10th at 8AM for a Run to the Finish with Paula. She will be running ~1 mile laps so you can do as many or a few laps as you want. Immediately following the finish there will be a Fair Trade festival. Find more information HERE. OPEN TO ALL!!!
- Become a Tri 4 Freedom member & receive the awesome T-shirt that Paula & I are wearing above to help spread the word. I am not kidding - this is the most comfy t-shirt I own! Find more information HERE
- Eat Froyo at the Tiverton Orange Leaf location on Tuesday, June 12th - Print & present the below flyer & Orange Leaf will donate 25% of sales to Tri 4 Freedom. Find more information HERE
Not in Lexington but still want to learn more?
- Visit Tri 4 Freedom's website to learn more on what you can do to help.
- Like the Tri 4 Freedom Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest events
|Snapshot from Tri 4 Freedom Website|