- Swim (Goal/Actual) - 10 miles / 3.28 miles - Ouch.
- Spin / Road (Goal/Actual) - 4 / 5 (99 miles) - If only I was paying attention I would have rode a lap around the block to hit 100!
- Run (Goal/Actual) - 12 / 7 (21 miles)
- Walk / Hike (Goal/Actual)) - 0 / 3 (8 miles)
- Pilates Reformer(Goal/Actual) - 4 / 4
- Yoga (Goal/Actual) - 4 / 2
- August N2U CT Challenge - High 30 Xtreme
- Races (Goal/Actual) - 1 / 1 - EP 'Tom' Sawyer - PR & 2nd in AG
- Rest Days (Goal/Actual) - 4-6 / 10
Total Miles = 135
Total Time = 22.5 hours
2012 Nike Go the Distance Challenge (Goal / Actual) - 200 miles / 80 miles - No way am I going to hit this goal this year.
The best ride of the month was hands down the Slushy ride - also Nina's going away ride and I met Duckie for the first time on this ride! Why named the Slushy ride? We ride from Lex to Boyd's Orchard where we partake in the seasonal slushy - this month it was a peach slushy. Perfect mid ride nutrition! From our house the Slushy ride is 33 miles - a 2012 bike distance PR.
|Slushy Ride to Boyd's Orchard|
|Me & Duckie - the Duck can fly on the bike!|
Here are my September goals:
- Swim - 8 miles
- Spin / Road - 6 (100 miles)
- Run - 12 (30 miles)
- Pilates Reformer - 4
- Yoga - 4
- September N2U CT Challenge - TBD
- Races - 1 - 5K for sure maybe 2
- Rest Days - 4-6
Hopefully some great weather for some more group rides. September & October are really nice months to ride.
Steve will be running on a Bourbon Chase team for one of our friends that is suffering from a pre-stress fracture & has been told no running for awhile. I also volunteered to be a navigator. I think it will be a blast!
I need to start focusing on ramping up my run miles soon. Rock 'n' Roll Lexington will be here before you know it!
I haven't registered for Tri for Sight yet. I am going to wait a couple more weeks to see if I can get my bum back to the pool more regularly. I am also contemplating doing the Du instead of the tri. I have never done a duathlon.
Happy September Y'all!