Saturday, December 22, 2012

Forty-Two


My 42nd birthday started off with a very cold run to the Arboretum with Steve followed by a few hours of packing up the Pathfinder to head South for the holidays.  The one bad thing about being into lots of different activities is there is a TON of crap to pack.  We loaded up our kayaks, bikes, running gear & all of our gadgets.   

Around 10:30 this morning I received a text from a co-worker.  I initially figured it was a Happy B-day text but nope.  He saw my picture in the local paper & was teasing me.  Yesterday while walking downtown to get my license plates renewed I saw out of the corner of my eye a photographer.  It was c-c-c-c-old & windy yesterday so I was dressed as Nanook of the North.  The photographer stopped me & told me he was from the Herald Leader.  I busted out laughing.  I knew he was trying to capture the perfect photo depicting how frigid the weather was & when he showed me the picture he took I was confident he got what he was looking for.  I made a mental note to check the website but with all we had going on getting this morning I had completely forgotten - that is until I received Gary’s text.  Not only did I make the paper - I made the front page - on my Birthday!!  What are the odds of that?!


We finally hit the road around 1PM.  Our first stop was at the Jellico, TN welcome center.  To my heart’s delight what did I see?  Santa in a sleigh!!  Pictures were a must!



Around 7pm we finally made it to our first stop.  Birthday with my friend Kara & her family.  Kara & I go waaaay back.  We have known each other since high school.  Her husband Larry made his famous Chicago deep dish pizza.  Afterwards their girls played some Christmas songs for us.   We then had cake!  Kara made an awesome chocolate peanut butter cake.   My tummy was about to burst but it was so worth it!



All in all it was a fabulous birthday!  Next stop...St. Pete!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...