Sunday, December 9, 2012

N2U CT Challenge - R.I.P.P.E.D Plus HBBC Week 3


One of my December goals is to complete 4 New 2U CT challenges since I have been such a slug the past few months.   In reality, I have been a little absorbed in my new job & just couldn't muster the motivation to get my bum to try a new class.  

The first New 2U CT challenge this month is R.I.P.P.E.D.    It stands for Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics, Endurance, and Diet.  It is offered at High Street Y 3 days a week.  There were only 3 participants on this particular day so it was almost like a personal training session. 

Whit was the instructor who was subbing for the usual Thursday night instructor.  He normally teaches Tuesday night along with the Thursday Powerhouse.  The dude is one tough instructor.  He is big on telling you to make the commitment to yourself to do the moves correctly.  He repeatedly said anyone can get through a workout by half a$$ing (OK he didn't say half a$$ing - that's me paraphrasing) the moves but you have to really challenge yourself to see improvements in yourself.  

This class reminded me of a melding of a lot of the P90X videos I took earlier this year.   It also reminded me of High 30 Extreme that I took in August at Northside Y.   There were some hand weight exercises, some body weight exercises, a section for power moves, some kickboxing & some intense intervals to get your heart pumping & the sweat pouring.  

This particular class didn't talk about diet at all.  Not sure why - I didn't ask since at the time I didn't know what the D stood for.  Maybe they covered diet when they first offered the class in September.  Who knows.  

It was a good class.  I was certainly sore the next day - particularly in my upper back & arms.  It won't be a regular to my routine but I would definitely take it again.

Week 3 HBBC Recap:


Monday:  Run 1 mile (Day 12 #RWRunStreak), Freggies - 2 points
Tuesday: Swim 45 minutes, Run 1 mile (Day 13 #RWRunStreak) - 5.5 points
Wednesday: Run 2 mile (Day 14 #RWRunStreak), Freggies - 3 points
Thursday: Run 1 mile (Day 15 #RWRunStreak), 60 minutes R.I.P.P.E.D - 5 points
Friday: Run 1 mile (Day 16 #RWRunStreak) - 1 point
Saturday: CycleYou 60 minutes, Run 1 mile (Day 17 #RWRunStreak) - 7 points
Sunday: Run 1 mile (Day 17 #RWRunStreak) - 1 point

Bonus Points: 6 - Daily FB check-in

Week Total: 30.5
HBBC Total: 119

I skipped Sunday Masters swim practice this week.  Starting Saturday afternoon I was feeling really tired / run down & continued to feel that way on Sunday.  I think it is a combination of things but regardless I decided skip the workout.  I still did my run since I hated to break the streak.  

I did marginally better on the freggies this week but still have work to do.  My goal for the upcoming week is to continue to improve on the freggies plus do the WOW (workout of the week) since I have yet to get that in since the challenge has started. 

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an interesting class. I have yet to do the WOW either so I need to do that this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this week to you, too! That class sounds interesting. I wish we had something like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the New 2U Challenge, it's something I really should try...I'm pretty stuck on running and yoga. I'd like to do a sprint triathlon this summer though so that should get me at least swimming and biking, but I'm definitely going to put "try new workouts" on my goals list for 2013!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...