Sunday, December 23, 2012

N2U CT Challenge - TRX Plus HBBC Week 5

Last Tuesday I completed my 3rd N2U Challenge for the month.  I finally got around to using the free TRX session pass offered by Swim Bike Run of KY that we all received in our Markey Tri goodie bags.  I arrived at SBR-KY a little early so I could knock out Day 27 of the #RWRunStreak.  

The TRX classes are in the same area as the CycleYou classes.   I was surprised but excited to see Marcus was teaching the class.  He taught the High 30 Xtreme class I took in August.  He mentioned he just started teaching at SBR about 3 weeks ago.


The TRX straps hang from the ceiling & basically you use your body weight to get an amazing workout.  Marcus started with arms, shoulders & back.  We then did a bunch of leg work followed by abs.  We did 45 seconds per set, 3 sets of each exercise.  All the exercises were very challenging but the one that was near impossible for me was the pike - in the photo above the pike exercise is the one with the girls butt in the air.  Let me tell you, I looked nothing like that!  I really wonder if I will ever be able to do a pike.  That is just the hardest exercise!  

TRX is a great workout.  My arms & abs were sore for days!!  Another great workout to add to the rotation.

Week 5 HBBC Recap:

Monday:  Run 3.22 miles (Day 26 #RWRunStreak) - 3.22 points
Tuesday: Run 1.2 miles (Day 27 #RWRunStreak), TRX 60 minutes - 4.2 points
Wednesday: Swim 40 minutes, Run 1.1 mile (Day 28 #RWRunStreak) - 5.1 points
Thursday: Run 1 mile (Day 29 #RWRunStreak) - 1 points
Friday: Run 1 mile (Day 30 #RWRunStreak) - 1 points
Saturday: Run 3.4 miles (Day 31 #RWRunStreak) - 3.4 points
Sunday: Run 2 miles (Day 32 #RWRunStreak) - 2 points

Bonus Points: 7 - Daily FB check-in

Week 5 Total:  26.92

HBBC Total: 180.44

I complain about all the crap we take with us but it is pretty cool to be able to blog from the passenger seat on I-75S.  Using my phone (on right armrest) as a local hotspot & Steve's new solar power charger (on left of laptop) I am able to upload photos, post on the HBBC Facebook page & publish this post.  Pretty nifty, huh?    



I would like to take a moment to give a huge shout out to Amanda at Run to the Finish.  She is the host of the HBBC.  She has done a ton of work to make this challenge fun & motivating for us all.  Thank you Amanda!! 

Finally, I would like to wish you & yours a very Merry Christmas!  May Santa be good to y'all!


9 comments:

  1. Great HBBC week! Isn't technology the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! You're actually going to try 4 new workouts this month. Crazy, but way to go in December. I can barely get out the door to run...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I think I can do it too. Thanks for hosting this challenge!

      Delete
  3. i am loving your mobile set up! i've gotta figure out how to use my phone as a hotspot. merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Courtney - If you have T-Mobile or Verizon it is free but AT&T charges. Right now I have T-Mobile & it works good.

      Delete
  4. I really want to try TRX, I need to try to find a place near me that has it, it looks like such a great workout and I really need to add some cross training to my running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for something new for strength training.Maybe I'll try TRX. I wonder if you can you buy the straps for home workouts?

    I'm not much of a car traveler but I don't think would mind it as much if I had your mobile set up.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill - You can buy TRX for a home setup. I have a friend that has 3 setups in her garage. All you need is a beam to screw the hook into, a little space & you are set!

      Delete
  6. Thanks chickadee!! I am so glad you are enjoying it! I agree I feel like i take too much technology with me, but it's so nice to be able to do what i want from anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...