Friday, May 25, 2012

New 500 Yard Baseline

The past 6 weeks I have been focused on the Iron Girl & today I realized haven't done a TI post in quite a while so I decided to do another 500 yard baseline swim this morning.  


This mornings swim went like this:  150 y WU, 500 y TT, 250 y drills, 500 y easy, 400 CD


On December 4th my 500 yard time was - 13m15s
On January 22nd my 500 yard time was  - 12m20s
Today my 500 yard time was                   - 11m30s


So in just under 6 months I shaved 1m45s off my 500 yard time, ~13% improvement.  I am not going to lie, I am a little bummed it wasn't better.  I was super excited about the January time but that was before the TI clinic.  I expected to have a larger improvement post clinic.  I was hoping it would be in the 10 minute something range.  


The second 500 yards were done in 12m45s.  This does make me happy.  In the past my easy swims & speed work swims would be close to the same time.  My form was so bad that when I did speed work the only thing I really accomplished was wasting a bunch of energy.  Now when I do speed work I really do go faster.  I know the all the effort has paid off I just wish it was bigger dividend. 


In other random news:


Since getting back from Atlanta all I can think about is what other races I am going to do this summer!  I am still amazed that I didn't re-injure myself last weekend.  In fact, I feel pretty damn good (knock on wood).  I had a fabulous massage on Tuesday evening which was awesome.  



My plan is to take it easy this weekend with the exception of Monday's BTC practice tri.  I can't resist swimming outside in the 50m pool on opening day!


Have a great Memorial Day y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, man... Sorry you're 500 time wasn't faster. But don't give up!! You're stamina has clearly improved!! And you've already improved so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...