Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Miss Sweating

This is my second surprise of this recovery.  I am longing for a good sweat fest!

I am in week 6 of not running & week 3 of Physical Therapy for my Hipflexor & Periformis issue, aka the Pain in the Butt.  Thanks to not running, deep tissue massage, pain patches & strengthening exercises I am feeling much better.  Not 100% better but at least I no longer feel pain 100% of the time.  Now I only feel pain when I do certain movements.

After this weeks session my PT told me to go on a 30 minute test walk this weekend.  Yay!  Although, if I am being honest, I was planning on going on that walk regardless with the new ladies run group in Lexington.  I am going nuts without being able to run.  I was hoping to be running again by Halloween but now I am thinking it may be closer to Thanksgiving.  Ugh, can it really only be a month until Thanksgiving already?!

From the Iron Horse Facebook page
It bums me out that I am not going to be able to run in the Iron Horse this weekend.  I will be volunteering at the second water stop with some peeps from work.  Tonight I picked up Steve & my race packets.  I know some say that you are not supposed to wear a race shirt from a race that you didn't actually run in.  Well, I say screw that!  I paid for the darn thing, I am wearing it!  The shirt is awesome!  It fits great & the logo is cool.  Not to mention, I like when race shirts don't put all the sponsors on the back of the shirt.  The shirt looks so much cleaner.  I will proudly wear this race shirt that I DNS (did not start) in fact, I am wearing it right now!

Best of luck to all the racers this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. At least your volunteering and get to cheer everyone on! It's going to be cold though....I'm wanting the warm weather to come back. I hope your able to run come Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hear you this one! I hurt my foot and haven't been running. I am missing it big time! And I say wear the shirt!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...