Tuesday, January 10, 2012

'New to You' Cross Training Challenge

Source
I have been reading lots of posts this week about 2012 race schedules.  Although I love reading about different races it is making me a little sad since I am still not running.   The only race I am registered for is the Iron Girl Atlanta in May.  I signed up for this one in early November back when I really had no idea how long this injury would take to heal, well, I still don't.  So when I read Kim's post today on (Just) Trying is for Little Girls about the '2012 New to You' Cross Training Challenge I thought it sounded really  cool & signed up.   The challenge is really simple - try a new cross training workout every month.

So instead of planning out races for the next 12 months I will be researching different cross training activities to do.  Seriously, this is exactly what I need right now.   Yay!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea! We all need stuff like this to get us pumped up! Can't read to hear about your new CT experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great challenge. I am starting to think about tri training and would love to hear your CT experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're all signed up:) Looking forward to seeing what kinds of CT you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for trying new things. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really hard for me to read blogs last year and the year before (18 months - bleh!!) and not be able to race so I hear your pain. Keep reading up on other things to do, it will really help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you'll be amazed at how much your body will change. I don't like lifting weights but I do like doing other kinds of stuff. Oh, don't like kettle bells either hahahah :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like fun! What a great idea :)

    BTW, thank you so much for my holiday sock swap gifts! I know this is super delayed but I loved them!!

    I posted a thank you if you wanna check it out: http://healthylifehappywife.com/2012/01/13/im-a-terrible-blogger/

    Thanks, again :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...