Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Nike Go the Distance

Source
I saw on one of my fellow Team Tough Chik's blogs a post about signing up for the 2012 Nike Go the Distance via US Masters Swim.  Although I am not currently swimming with our local US Masters swim team I did renew my annual USMS membership.  Considering I am in a very swim focused period & may be for a while, I figured why not sign up.

So sign up I did.  My goal is to swim 200 miles this year.  That is quite a stretch for me but hey, it's not like I can run so I might as well swim until my arms fall off.  As of today I have swam 7.64 miles.  Yep, I got quite a ways to go.

After setting this goal I figured I better stock up on my swim shampoo, conditioner & lotion.   By joining USMS I received discount codes for several on-line swim stores.  One was for my favorite TriSwim products.  I bought the 64 ounce jugs of shampoo, conditioner & lotion.  Thanks to the 30% discount I saved around $75.  Never mind that I spent $190 on product.  I do think everyone I work with will appreciate the fact that I don't reek of chlorine every morning!

5 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to join you just so I keep track for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that out. Maybe motivate me to get back in the pool! And I LOVE tri-swim stuff! it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually going tomorrow to sign up for the Wildcat Masters swim with Susan. I'm pretty excited! This'll be my first time swimming with a group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great goal! i'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...